Bulgur is my all time comfort food. These days with a toddler roaming around and mostly clinging onto my legs, it is rather challenging to cook lunch for self. And when I really want to treat myself good then bulgur is my goto recipe. The bonus point is that my 14 months old daughter loves it too.
Ingredients (enough for 1 adult):
- 1/2 cup Fullcorn bulgur (I have added a picture of the one I use and this I can recommend)
- 1/2 Onion – chopped finely
- 1/2 tomato – chopped finely
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/4 tsp zeera powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/3 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Method (medium heat cooking):
- Take oil in a pan and heat slightly. Add onions and stir fry until they start to become golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add green peas and corn. I use frozen peas and frozen corn so I let this cook until the peas and corn are soft (not like mushy) but must be soft.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Add bulgur and mix well. Cook for 1 min.
- Add water. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat. Cook until bulgur is completely cooked. You can choose to dry out the water completely or leave it a bit wet. I had left it slightly wet because then it is easier for a toddler to eat.
Enjoy with yoghurt on the side.